Dance With Grenades | About Me
My name's Mike. I'm 24. I am a programmer. I primarily code in Python, PHP 5, and C/C++. My current hobbies include gaming, guitar, programming, ultimate frisbee, telemark skiing, web design, collecting good music (and then listening to it), and baseball. Video Games are one of my biggest passions, and thus my goal in life is to become (one of) the world's greatest game engine programmer, and one of the leading game designers. A lofty goal, I know.
My Technical Knowledge
I may be funny looking, but I know my shit. I'll give you a quick rundown: I'm not technically certified at all, because those slips of paper cost money that I can think of better things to spend on. However, I have over 10 years of expert-level experience operating and administrating any major Linux distribution, in both headless server, and desktop forms. I primarily script in Python, and develop larger programs in Python, C, and C++. More detailed information can be found on my résumé.
- I'm half Irish, and also an Irish citizen. Dual citizenship is interesting, and I hope to be able to take advantage of it in the relatively near future.
- I can play any non-bowed, stringed instrument:
- 6 and 12 String Guitar
- Baritone Guitar
- Bass Guitar
- Harp Guitar
- 5, 6-string Banjo
- I started programming when I was 5, in QBASIC.
- It's been speculated that I am possibly a descendant of the actual Robin Hood.
- I like my eggs scrambled, or over-easy with buttered wheat toast, and bacon.
- My favourite drink is the White Russian.